[Sca-cooks] Grain mill question

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Apr 8 06:57:09 PDT 2004

> I love whole wheat pastry flour and also white wheat ( a whole wheat that
> comes out much lighter than rergular, hard red wheat).

Not only that, but I believe it's a more period flour-- because it's a
winter wheat. Spring-sown wheat is a relatively modern innovation, I
believe. King Arthur Flour sells a white (winter) wheat and I want to try
experimenting with it...

Bear, am I right about the difference between winter and spring wheats?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"You must live feverishly in a library. Colleges are not going to do any
good unless you are raised and live in a library every day of your life."
--Ray Bradbury