[Sca-cooks] Edible Gold Leaf, was EK Coronation feast analysis (LONG)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 8 10:29:16 PDT 2004

On 8 Apr 2004, at 16:35, Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Or you can just go to the cake decorating shoppe and get the powdered stuff or,
> in lots of cases, the edible gold leaf.  You can get silver there too. Olwen

I mail-ordered it from a cake-decorating supply place.  They called it "Moon
Dust", but it is evidently similar to "Luster Dust" and other such products.
The FDA rates them "non-toxic", but has not officially approved them for
consumption.  The woman I ordered from said that it was a matter of some
controversy in the cake decorating community.  She said that she would put
it on cake decoarations, but not on cookies.  In any case, I only put it on the
crowns of the giant pretzel, which was a very small portion of the whole.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net