The Great Spinach Hustle- was Re: [Sca-cooks] EK Coronation feastanalysis (LONG)

Dani flannelbutch at poetworld.net
Thu Apr 8 11:19:14 PDT 2004

> > Sauteed spinach.  This was a lot of work, and had Phlip not been there
> with
> > a humongous wok, it would not have been feasible to cook the spinach
just
> > before serving.

This was something I ran across at a feast I did a few years ago.
Unfortunately I had no humongous wok, so it ended up being two people
working side-by side, each with an aluminum roaster (the shire had aluminum
roasters coming out its ears) full of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and
spinach.  The roasters were set over two burners; one person dumped the
ingredients and the other people sautéed the spinach.

I'd have rather had a wok.  ;)

-Iuliana