[Sca-cooks] Requirements for a Laurel

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 12:56:04 PDT 2004

>>Um....cooking feasts for 400 and handing out documentation
>>for each dish isn't? Teaching and cooking for 20 years isn't enough?
>>Being a judge for kingdom A&S competitions and counselling competitors
>>in presentation isn't enough?
>
>Dude! What is wrong with the people in your kingdom?

>Anahita

Well, this really isn't about me, per se. Just that I notice it is
perfectly acceptable on fighting boards to discuss what is
needed for knighthood but it is considered pushy to discuss
the same things for the other Peerages.

I just found it surprising to be told that only competitions mattered
as the same as someone aspiring to the Chivalry who never
entered a tournament would not be considered either.

I also don't want it to become a Rialto-style rant board about
how unfair non-Laurels have been treated. I truly want to know
from the Laurels and apprentices on this board what they look
for in the Peerage.

Gunthar