[Sca-cooks] Requirements for a Laurel

Carper, Rachel rachel.carper at hp.com
Thu Apr 8 15:36:02 PDT 2004

I have yet to read the responses to this, and I am sooooo not a Laurel
but my thoughts are you have done enough to be noticed.  Contests are
really the only way to get visibility throughout the kingdom. Even a
list like this we don't get to see each others work much, and the
pictures although great don't let us taste or really get a good upclose
look.

I think if people started recommending you for a Laurel that the Crown
and the Laurels would consider you. Especially if specific feasts were
mentioned. And when  you do a feast with the documentation you need to
make sure it gets into the hands that count, other Laurels and the
Crown.

When I first moved here I had a conversation about how each Kingdom
looks at different things when they are elevating people. In my home
kingdom I had a feel that politics and apprenticship was more important
than it is in the kingdom I now reside in. So I guess it differs
everywhere you are.

I'm off to read the rest of the posts.

Elewyiss