[Sca-cooks] Chickens!

Laurie Hupman rose at santiagosmagic.com
Fri Apr 9 08:20:27 PDT 2004

Yay, Master Johann!  I'm so happy you're here!

I've just moved into a new home, and it came with a henhouse and five chickens.
I'm pretty sure they're a modern breed of chicken, but I don't know much about
how to care for them.  Give 'em food & water, let them out in the mornings, put
them away at night so the racoons don't kill them, and collect the eggs --
that's it.

But I want to learn more.  Where do I go?  Where can I get medieval breeds of
chicken?  I've been told that these girls won't be very good for eating -- how
would I know?

Rose, newbie chicken wrangler