[Sca-cooks] Mistakes to Avoid when cooking salmon

Lorenz Wieland lorenz_wieland at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 9 11:10:34 PDT 2004

Volker Bach wrote:

>The bones are to come out after the cooking. Would it be better to dothat
>before? Accordinmg to the recipe, the fish is boiled (well, cooked in
>liquid. I doubt Rumpoldt means really boiling), then flaked off the bone
>and drizzled with butter and pease broth, reheated and served with sauce.

I  agree with Rumpoldt here -- bone the fish after cooking.  Most of the
bones will just lift right out of the cooked meat, and you can use a
pair of sterile needle-nose pliers to remove the remaining pin bones.
If your diners are regular fish eaters, you can even serve the beast
whole and let them scoop individual portions directly off the bone.

-Lorenz