[Sca-cooks] Bread (was vinegar tasting)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 9 21:46:27 PDT 2004

On 9 Apr 2004, at 23:46, Ruth Tannahill wrote:

> If I were tasting vinegars, I would want to taste them by dipping some nice,
> crusty, fairly neutral bread in them. Brighid's dense, delicious Italian loaves
> would be perfect, but any good loaf would be good. As long as it wasn't
> something like a sourdough that would compete for flavor.

> Berelinde

The recipe for "my" Italian bread was stolen straight off the Amy's Bread
website:
http://www.amysbread.com/news_dailynov00.htm

The only changes I've made are to convert the recipe to weight instead of
volume measures, and to bake it at 450 F throughout.

It's a very easy and basic recipe.  Just don't skimp on the time, because
that's what gives it its flavor.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net