[Sca-cooks] OT: I feel ill...

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 00:06:52 PDT 2004

--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"
<adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:
> Also sprach lilinah at earthlink.net:
> >Adamantius wrote:
> >>  >His perfectionism is much on display in
> "Shaolin Soccer," a film
> >>  >that makes perhaps the best comic use of
> computer-generated images
> >>  >since "The Mask" with Jim Carrey in 1994,
> a movie that greatly
> >>  >influenced Mr. Chow. Mr. Carrey has since
> returned the compliment:
> >>  >20th Century Fox has purchased "God of
> Cookery," a 1996 Stephen Chow
> >>  >film, for a Jim Carrey remake.
> >>
> >>It's not yet 8AM and I feel like I need a
> drink...

Whether or not it gets made, a lot will depend
not so much on the star as it will on the writer
and director.  Jim Carrey can be a very good
actor if he is directed well.  He is like the
little girl with the curl ... when he is good,
he is very, very good, but when he is bad, he is
horrid.

> >Oy! Guess we'll need to rent it soon before
> it's pulled off the
> >market so it won't compete with the Jim Carrey
> version... Now I have
> >to go see if my local video store rents it...
> >
> >Anahita
> >so NOT awaiting the re-make of "The Pink
> Panther", i'm not kidding,
> >it's in the works
>
> Take heart. Even though somebody found it
> necessary to remake "The
> Ladykillers", a sin against The Eternal if ever
> there was one,  it
> seems as if the planned remake of "Kind Hearts
> And Coronets" with
> Will Smith in the Dennis Price role and Robin
> Williams in the Alec
> Guinness role(s), will not be made. Gott sei
> dank for small favors;
> that would have been possibly the absolute last
> straw. Maybe the
> remake of "The Pink Panther" will get lost in
> development hell?

Well, they did try to make an Inspector Clouseau
film without Peter Sellers not long after the
Pink Panther and it flopped royally, because
only Peter Sellers really could make the
Inspector funny.  It was called "Inspector
Clouseau" and starred Alan Arkin.  There
was a 1993 "Son of ..." version with Roberto
Benigni, which also flopped.  The current one
is set to star Steve Martin.  I just can't see
him doing Peter Sellars, and his own persona
just won't work.

However, sometimes a remake can be as funny as
the original or even funnier.  I am thinking of
the Nutty Professor movies made by Eddie Murphy.
Both of these movies are, to my taste, much
funnier than anything that Jerry Lewis made.
Eddie Murphy is a genius with characterization
and a master of imitation.  He would be excellent
in a remake of Kind Hearts and Coronets, as he
has already proven that he can play all members
of a family.  The dining room scene where he
plays all of the Klumps, except the little boy is
hysterical.  Robin Williams only knows how to
play Robin Williams.

> Adamantius, picking up brush for remake of The
> Mona Lisa. She oughtta
> be wearing a g-string, dontcha think? Appeal to
> a new generation of
> art lovers? Asking Anna Nichole Smith to
> model...

It probably already has been done.  I remember
seeing a parody of the Mona Lisa years ago and
I had to look and look to see where the parody
was.  When I looked at her cleavage, she had
three breasts.

I couldn't find it on the internet, but I did
find these, along with several nude Mona's and
a couple of pregnant ones also.

http://www.studiolo.org/Mona/MONA08.htm

http://www.studiolo.org/Mona/MONA11.htm

Huette