[Sca-cooks] Planning a Siege Cooking Contest

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 10 05:24:42 PDT 2004

Carper, Rachel wrote:

>Ah, for my database? Yes I want SCA Name,

Minowara Kiritsubo

> Orders

Laurel, Pelican, Baroness, Golden Dolphin, Pearl, Undine (x 2), Silver
Needle, Fellow of the University of Atlantia, King's Award of Excellence
(x 2), Sea Hawk (Baronial), Pharos (Baronial).

>location--Kingdom/Barony

Southern Maryland...Barony of Dun Carraig, Kingdom of Atlantia

>likes/disklikes

Chocolate, lobster, asparagus, strawberries (the 4 major food groups!);
reading historical fiction (including the occasional bodice-ripper),
mysteries, fantasy and science fiction; shopping, cooking, research and
writing/uppity people, bad food, whiners, poorly written information

>colors,

RED, red and more red. I also like the fall colors...brown, orange, gold
as well as green

>interests

outside the SCA, probably my greatest interest is the American Cancer
Society...the Relay for Life. I also have been selected as a Community
Stakeholder for their Peer Review Committee, a group that determines
which applications for research and training grants are funded. I am
also getting active politically and will be participating in the Women's
March on Washington on April 25 (if you're interested, let me know...you
don't have to be phyiscally present to participate).

>. Anything else  you
>want to send me.

Cooking an Italian Ren feast on May 8....thanks to folks on this list, a
lot of whose translations and redactions I plan to use (Helewyse,
Brighid, Vincent, Christina, Jadwiga, Mairi, Anne-Marie, and Gunther).
Just think how harder this would have been...and in some cases, since I
don't read Italian, Spanish or Catalan, impossible, without you guys!!

Hope this helps....

Kiri

--
Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.