[Sca-cooks] Planning a Siege Cooking Contest

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 10 13:49:22 PDT 2004

On 4/9/04 8:28 PM, "Carper, Rachel" <rachel.carper at hp.com> wrote:

> Ah, for my database? Yes I want SCA Name, Orders, location
> Kingdom/Barony, likes/disklikes, colors, interests. Anything else  you
> want to send me. I will eventually hopefully get the database to the
> point where people who have spicific inquires or needs can just search
> it and come up with someone to help.
>
> Elewyiss

Selene Colfox, mka Susan Fox-Davis
Orders:  Pelican [heraldry and feeding-of-the-masses], Lux Caidis [Cookery,
GA], Harp Argent [Cookery, AA], Crescent Spoon [cooking contest-based],
Sable Fret of Altavia [principal, baronial, non-armigerous], Sable Oak of
Darach [neighboring shire where I cook a lot too]

Location: Barony of Altavia, Kingdom of Caid;  San Fernando Valley,
California

Favorite colors:  rich gem tones.  Heraldic colors:  black and gold.
Clothing colors:  cool, blue-green to violet plus rich red, and black of
course, it goes with everything!

Likes:  doing hands-on demonstrations.  Ace researcher.  Slow Food Movement.
Sneaking education into people via modern-style attention-getting devices;
Heraldic Jeopardy, SCA Iron Chef.  Garlic.  Chocolate.  Pasta.  Smoked fish.
Marzipan and Amaretto.

Dislikes:  straight lectures, either giving or getting.  Being bored.  Lies.
Ega games.  Bell peppers.  Cilantro.  Scotch Whiskey.

Other info:  one of the leading cookbook collections in my kingdom. [The
other is Huette's of course!] Major sub-collections: SCA-applicable books,
actual antiques, literary.  Almost complete collection of M.F.K. Fisher's
works.

I love to travel but hate long car trips.  Will go anywhere and knock myself
out for anyone who really wants me there!

Best,
Selene Colfox