[Sca-cooks] Sugar Cane

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Sat Apr 10 07:37:09 PDT 2004

Was written:

>   Elewyiss asked:
> > Howdy everybody. As I plan Olwen's AoA scroll I need a little
> > information. Is sugar cane period?

Regarding Sugar both the "Tacuinum Sanitatis" and "Tacuinum Sanitatis in
Medicina" illustrate sugar as refined in the first and as both refined and
growing cane in the first and the second.

Spenser, J. (translator) 1983, The Four Seasons of the  House of Cerruti,
(Tacuinum Sanitatis in Medicina), Facts on File Publications NY, NY

Luisa Cogliati Arano, 1976, The Medieval Health Handbook ("Tacuinum
Sanitatis") George Braziller Inc. NY, NY

Daniel