[Sca-cooks] Lebkuchen

Kerri Martinsen kerrimart at cablespeed.com
Sat Apr 10 10:13:03 PDT 2004

I used Sabina's Lebkuchen recipe for an A&S entry a couple of months ago.  I
started with the small amount of flour and had no luck.  I added more flour
to get the honey mix just to the point that I could handle it.
Then covered my hands in flour, dropped a spoonful in my hand and worked in
the flour as I rolled it out on a heavily floured board.

I did get a cookie shape - not cake like by any means.  More cracker like.
The later roll outs did hold their shape better due to more flour, but I
think the texture of the early roll outs was better.

Is it possible that her recipes just assumed that you would know to add a
lot of extra flour in the roll out process?

(I have process pictures of this project if anyone is interested)

Vitha
----
Lady Hrosvitha von Celle
Royal Baker, Kingdom of Atlantia