[Sca-cooks] Easter morning, was Verjus

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 11:13:53 PDT 2004

Well, here in Caid, the early morning was
overcast, but that burned off quickly and we
are now sunny and warm.  My iris are in riotous
color; reds, yellows, purples, blues, oranges,
peaches, browns and varigated. As are my roses.
My lilacs are loaded with blossoms and the air is
redolent with scent.  The bougainvillas are
massive waves of color, one cerise and the other
orange.  The daffodils did their bloom in
February, and are now finished.  So did our
apricot and peach trees.  All trees are covered
now with baby green fruit that with ripen in May
and June.  It looks like yet another bumper crop
of apricots and peachs, that I am debating about
investing in a dehydrator, because while canning
is best, there is only so much time and energy
and space.  The last bumper crop provided more
than 40 quarts of canned fruit, numerous pies,
cobblers and other desserts and I still gave
away lugs and lugs of fruit.

Huette

--- Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm envious. Yes, everything is blooming
> here...my weeping cherry is
> gorgeous as is my peach tree and the Bradford
> Pear. Even the forsythia
> are still in bloom. However, we're continuing
> our stretch of cold, wet
> weather, so it's about 47 degrees and raining.
> Supposed to be like this
> into Wednesday...sigh.
>
> Kiri
>
> Sue Clemenger wrote:
>
> > Well, darn! because now I'm interested.....
> > --maire, hoping everyone's having a nice
> Easter morning...it couldn't
> > be better here. Pale, bright green (tiny)
> leaves on everything, lawns
> > turning green, daffodils in yards, and my
> neighbors' cherry trees are
> > in full bloom. Sun has just come up, and
> there's not a cloud in the
> > sky.....
>
> --
> Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older
> merely adds experience to
> knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
> 					-- C.E. Lawrence

=====