[Sca-cooks] Easter morning, was Verjus

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 11 11:31:05 PDT 2004

On 4/11/04 11:13 AM, "Huette von Ahrens" <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It looks like yet another bumper crop
> of apricots and peachs, that I am debating about
> investing in a dehydrator, because while canning
> is best, there is only so much time and energy
> and space.  The last bumper crop provided more
> than 40 quarts of canned fruit, numerous pies,
> cobblers and other desserts and I still gave
> away lugs and lugs of fruit.
>
> Huette

I think that the dehydrator is a really good idea.  Dried apricots are
classic Fighter Snax, full of those good electrolytes that we all need in
hot weather.  Something to gift to all those handsome young fighters of the
next generation, n'est-ce pas?  <evylle grynne>   Seriously though:  I for
one have become sensitive to sulfites in recent times and the idea of
getting guaranteed no-additive dried fruit is nothing but good news.

I'll swop you some cute li'l Italian plums.  They make divine plum butter.

Selene C.