[Sca-cooks] Verjus

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 11 12:38:28 PDT 2004

On 11 Apr 2004, at 15:17, Elaine Koogler wrote:

> Yeah, we don't have any stores close by other than a couple of gourmet
> stores (Trader Joe's up in Annapolis, Whole Foods, also in Annapolis,
> and Woodburns, a family store that turned gourmet when Food Lion moved
> in).  And none of these carry anything that even remotely resembles
> either  verjus or sour grape juice.

I have a plentitude of ethnic grocery stores.  I can get galingale (powdered or
frozen), amydon, Ceylon cinnamon, rosewater, cheap saffron, quail eggs,
frozen green fava beans, gourds, pomegranate molasses, live eels, quince
paste, and almond oil.  I cannot get verjus/sour grape juice.  It's all the more
frustrating because I *can* get almost everything else under the sun.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net