[Sca-cooks] Food Network shoot photos

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 13 08:03:06 PDT 2004

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Mistress Selene commented:
>
>> Some "production photos" taken during the proceedings may be found at:
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~selene/
>> I still need to put up he recipe, that should happen on Monday when I
>> get back to work where I left it.  Hehehehe-ooops.
>
> Thank you for telling us about this and posting the pictures. I think
> this is the first time that I've seen a photo of you.

Yup, rather like Counselor Troi and Roseanne got into a dreadful
transporter accident.  Come to think of it, that's my attitude too.  "I
sense you have a problem... GET OVER IT!"  <grin>  Olwen keeps telling
us all to take pictures, pictures, pictures so I didn't want to get into
trouble. The Pasty recipe and other text are now up, by the way.  Jared
has put up a bunch of our other work on that site as well, keep
checking.  More recipes as I wrangle them into some kind of order.

> A bright, red shirt, Selene? Maybe that is why chefs (especially
> pastry ones?) usually wear white outfits?
> LoL.

It's one of my better colors.  I was instructed before the shoot to not
wear bright white, or to wear distracting patterns. [Then in walks Jim
in that window-pane plaid. OK fine.]  Maybe I should have worn an apron.
 I was trying to keep it "casual."

> Why was your mother's kitchen better for demonstrations than yours?
> Because it has an island? I'm sort of surprised this wasn't done in a
> studio kitchen somewhere.

Bottom line is money, as always.  They didn't pay us for the site or my
appearance.   Master Huen's segment was done at a period-style
restaurant for ambience but  I did not happen to have a relationship
with a restaurant.

My parents' house is MUCH prettier than mine and the island provided a
good "stage" for the cameras as well as a very stable work surface for
pounding on dough.

> This is on the Food Network on cable? I want to watch this, but I
> don't watch much television. I hope you will remind us closer to the
> time it is expected to be shown.

Believe you me, nobody will escape hearing about it.  I already realize
I've been a bit tedious about this subject already.  I think I will be
near the end of the run, late August or early September.

Selene C.