[Sca-cooks] Pastry cases - baking blind?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Apr 14 19:03:34 PDT 2004

IIRC, Master Martino uses a covered pie shell filled with flour as the first
step in preparing live blackbirds in a pie.  The bottom is cut out, the
flour removed, the blackbirds inserted and then the pie shell is placed over
a second pie.  You get the effect of the birds flying out of the pie and
still are able to serve from the shell.

Bear