Jadwiga's Fault - was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Need Platina recipe -- in Latin

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Apr 15 16:31:45 PDT 2004

Also sprach Carper, Rachel:
>THEY ARE PHASING OUT NUTTER BUTTERS?!?!?!?

I don't know this, now. What I do know is that more than a year ago,
it was announced in the news media that Nabisco was planning to
discontinue manufacture of the cookie.

Then there was a huge public outcry (at least in this area), sort of
funnelled through the person of the New York Blood Drive. At first
Nabisco said they had warehouses full of them, and that they'd _give_
the NY Blood Drive enough Nutter Butters to keep them in blood for 20
years.

Subsequently, I vaguely remember hearing they had scrapped the whole
plan, and were going to continue producing Nutter Butters.

Oddly enough, I can find no record of this little drama on the Web,
not even on Snopes. Nabisco seems to be under the impression there is
no threat to the future well-being of the Nutter Butter Cookie. I
only know I didn't imagine it.

>The heathens. That's it. I'm going to have to go on pilgramige. Or
>declare a jehad. Or something.
>
>No more nutter butters! (Shudders)

I told you, it's Jadwiga's fault.

Adamantius