[Sca-cooks] Laurel Vs. Pelican

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Sat Apr 17 10:53:26 PDT 2004

This can be an inter-Kingdom  as well as an intra-Kingdom anthropology
question with the answer that some do, and some don't have "Watch Lists".

I can reply for the Rivers Region of the Kingdom of AnTir.  We have watch
lists for both Pelican and Laurel, and they are quite long and detailed.
The last Laurel watch list I got, just from our region, not including the
entire Kingdom, was 6 double sided pages.  It includes a Candidate List, the
ones we thing need to brought to the attention of the Kingdom Council and
the Crown as ready; a Close Watch list - those we think are very close; a
Watch list - those that are coming along, but still in the background; and a
Long Term watch list- those who may have been on one of the other sections
but slipped back because of things like mundane life, and those that have
just caught someone's attention and they want people to be aware of.

This allows us to answer Royalty when they ask "why hasn't so-and-so been
recommended?"  I have yet to see a time when we couldn't answer that by
telling them that they are being watched, and reasons why the council hasn't
brought them forward yet.

Aside from our own regional watch lists, the Kingdom Council has a list of
those recommended with a website for more information to be entered.

Can anyone recommend for Laurel, Pelican, Knighthood?  Certainly!  Write a
letter to the Crown (if this seems to go into the "black hole" keep writing
as long as you think the person worthy and not recognized.  Write early in a
reign before the Crown gets swamped.  CC the Laurel Council.  Ask your
Friendly Local Laurel (tm) who to send it to.

Don't ask your Friendly Local Laurel (tm)if the person is being watched.
They shouldn't be telling you and it puts a lot of pressure on them because
they would love to reassure you, but cannot/should not.

Laurels make a Service from their Art
Pelicans make an Art out of Service

Regina Romsey
OL, OP