[Sca-cooks] Champagne Truffles Revisited

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Sun Apr 18 19:59:33 PDT 2004

I've made Champagne truffles, and agree with Mistress AEthelwynn.  They
flavor was really too subtle to be *good*.  Interesting, yes.  But,
worth all the effort and cost, not really.  The flavor was seriously
overpowered by the chocolate.  You kind of tasted something there and
thought, Gee, that's interesting, what is that?  You never really
figured it out because it was too... anonymous.  But that in turn kind
of detracted from the chocolate flavor.

They'll never beat the habanero truffles in the hearts and minds of all
my truffle scarfing compadres :)

Also, although I adjusted my liquid to make up for the additional liquid
in the champagne, they turned out way gooier than any other flavored
truffle I've made.  I found that kind of frustrating.  My truffle
recipe, by the way, uses cream rather than the egg yolks that Mistress
AEthelwynn mentions.

-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

Mom-asté: the mother in me recognizes and honors the mother in you.