[Sca-cooks] candied ginger, URL??

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 19 09:49:28 PDT 2004

> And candied carrots are documetable!

Oh yummy.  Recipe and source please?  (Especially if it is different from
the honey glazed root vegetables, which I dearly love.)

My, modern-down-and-dirty, version is easy and good.  Melt a stick of butter
in a heavy pan, add a bag of those ever-so-handy baby carrots, 1/2-1 C.
brown sugar (according to taste and amount of carrots), a healthy dash (or
more) grated ginger and an equal amount of minced or pureed garlic.  Put a
lid on the pan and reduce heat to very low.  Ignore for as long as you can
stand it (O.K., so you can peek and stir occasionally.)  These are almost
good enough to serve for dessert.

Mairi Ceilidh