[Sca-cooks] candied ginger, URL??

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 19 10:05:44 PDT 2004

> > And candied carrots are documetable!
> >

>Oh yummy.  Recipe and source please?  (Especially if it is different from
>the honey glazed root vegetables, which I dearly love.)
>
>My, modern-down-and-dirty, version is easy and good.  Melt a stick of
>butter
>in a heavy pan, add a bag of those ever-so-handy baby carrots, 1/2-1 C.
>brown sugar (according to taste and amount of carrots), a healthy dash (or
>more) grated ginger and an equal amount of minced or pureed garlic.  Put a
>lid on the pan and reduce heat to very low.  Ignore for as long as you can
>stand it (O.K., so you can peek and stir occasionally.)  These are almost
>good enough to serve for dessert.
>
>Mairi Ceilidh

Your recipe sounds really yummy.  And I have those tiny carrots in the
fridge.  I will look to find where I found the read on candying carrots.  It
included other veggies and seeds and peels.  I am thinking maybe in the
ladies closet opened but don't quote me yet.  Someone on the list may get
you an answer before I get back to you.
Olwen