[Sca-cooks] Champagne Truffles Revisited

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 19 13:14:17 PDT 2004

While I am glad so many remember Aethelwynn so fondly, I still haven't
gotten much in the way of comments about her really tart but not-so-grapey
champagne truffles.  (Except for Magdalena, thank you!).  I will forward all
of this along to her, but really wanted to give her something more to go on.
I feel responsible for this experiment since I was the one who forwarded the
original Adamantius-inspired conversation in the first place.
	Her idea is to try it next time with a much sweeter Asti.  Has anyone done
similar things with reduced champagnes or sparkling wines (and why are we
bothering with sparkling wines anyway)?  I'll just hate it if I'm the one
who's supposed to eat failed truffle experiments - oh, poor me - but I'd
much rather eat fun new flavors that are wonderful.
	Christianna