[Sca-cooks] New World Foods in the Old World

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Apr 19 13:23:42 PDT 2004

> >There are a number of period citations for New World foods.
> Not meaning to be (too much of) a pain in the backside, I feel it worth
> mentioning that if one is re-creating foods from most of the 15th
> century or earlier then there are no period New World foods.

It's certainly true that 'period' is a woefully unspecific term. However,
it's usually used in the SCA as equivalent for 'pre-1601'. I agree that
'period' should probably be replaced with 'pre-1601' whenever possible.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"What place provides an endless number of resources and information at
your fingertips no matter your age, income or background. How about your
library? That's right. Your library has books, videos, magazines,
computers, online access, special collections and more all for the asking.
There's something for everyone @ your library." - ALA.org