[Sca-cooks] New World Foods in the Old World

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Mon Apr 19 18:47:01 PDT 2004

You're welcome.  The site has a wealth of information on all types of things
for the Medici's.  I found a quoted bit of a letter from Eleonora di Toledo
instructing Bronzino on what outfits she wanted she and her son painted in.
Unfortunately only the synopsis was in English with a larger portion of the
letter quoted in Italian-Spanish!

I used to go there every month when they were putting up one translated item
a month.  Sadly they seem to have stopped doing that last year.

The letter I loved was Eleonora instructing one of the children's nurses to
get "distilled human fat" to use on a wound one of the boys had inflicted on
their sister!

Regina