[Sca-cooks] Sour Cherry Pie

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Thu Apr 22 20:34:18 PDT 2004

I haven't seen the answer to this yet, so I'm going to ask:  Why are you
using Bing cherries in Sour Cherry Pie?  Unless your Bing cherries are very
different than the ones I grew up with, they are a sweet cherry.  I wouldn't
even consider them for something like this.  I'd get, well... Pie Cherries.
I have also found that canned Bing cherries taste fairly nasty compared to
when they are fresh.  Pie cherries don't seem to have this sliminess/blah
taste.  If I had a choice I'd get frozen pie cherries as the best tasting.

Of course, there is always the fact that Bing cherries were apparently
developed here in Oregon only about a century ago.

Regina