[Sca-cooks] British Library project

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Apr 27 07:09:13 PDT 2004

Spread the word. They actually published a huge newspaper article
about in one of the London papers after we had been there and we then
realized just how new it was and how lucky we were to see and use it.
Most people don't tour the new British Library and see the free
galleries there.
One thing that they were displaying at the time we were there besides the
permanent literary gallery of original works was an exhibit of original
18th and 19th century cookbooks selected by Delia Smith which was very
interesting also for those like cookbooks beyond the year 1600. It's always
a nice to see a well laid out cookery book display.
The British Library located near the Euston and Kings Cross Rail
Stations. Mind
the steps though on the way out. I missed a step and really jarred my back
up upon leaving the building. Those aren't well marked.

Johnnae