[Sca-cooks] Girl Scout demo--what's good for young kids?

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 27 19:41:30 PDT 2004

They might like to do cream-into-butter. The easiest way is just to get a
plastic quart jar with a tight-fitting lid and a pint of cream -- plain
pasteurized is best, but ultra-pasteurized will work -- and let the girls
take turns shaking it. (Get two jars and more cream if you have lots of
girls.) Kids are always amazed when the butter forms, and enjoy tasting the
fresh butter and buttermilk. (If you've never done this, the buttermilk is
nothing at all like the stuff you buy at the grocery.)

Cynara