[Sca-cooks] "Edible" Cinnamon Sticks

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Wed Apr 28 20:23:08 PDT 2004

Having run into the problem recently allow me to explain.... Your recipe
makes about 1lb or so of Sugar paste....
Ok That is great however the project I am working on is little cups for
150 people,... Now if 1lb of sugar paste will make about 1 stable cup ok
I will give you 2.... so we have 2 cups for each pound of sugar paste.
 which is 1 tbs of gum tragawhatsitisss.... now out of a 1/2 pound you
can get lets say 10 tbs (and I think that is being generous) that would
make 20lbs of sugar paste or 40 cups.  Not to bad in reality until you
hit the accountant... lol
150/40 = 3.5 or 4 since you have to buy this stuff in 1/2 pound
increments anyways... so 4 @$10.00 = $40.00 just for the little cups to
HOLD the Dessert in,.... Well I don't know how your local group is but
my guy almost freaked out!!!!!
So I found the gelatine recipe which is about $.20 or so a cup since I
am shopping at a disount grocerey store.
Nichola