[Sca-cooks] "Edible" Cinnamon Sticks

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 29 02:35:12 PDT 2004

I used the gelatine recipe exclusively for all the sugar paste items in my
illusion feast.  Once you let it dry _thoroughly_, it seems just as strong as
the result you get from using the ready to mix powder gum paste. I'm not sure
how the two items differ chemically.

The only thing I haven't tested yet is how it holds water.  In period, you could
furnish a table with drinking vessels made from the stuff, and they could hold
cold beverages for a couple of hours before they started to soften again.  I
stll want to do that someday, it would be really cool as long as my cheater
sugar paste didn't start oozing all over the table...I'm melting, melting, oh
what a world...

Has anyone already experimented with this?

Faerisa