[Sca-cooks] Price of Sugar paste (was "Edible" Cinnamon Sticks)

Irmgart H laura at wisterian.net
Thu Apr 29 05:51:05 PDT 2004

how large are your little cups? I haven't actually *made* sugar paste, just
played with it... I'd think you'd get a heck of a lot more than 1 cup out of
a pound of sugar!  Since 1 oz of sugar=110 calories, 1 lb of sugar would be
1760 calories. Now, I don't know about you, but I'd have to swear off even
*looking* at sugar paste if that were the case (yes, I'm one of the crazies
who eats it)! I'm imagining that your "little cups" are around the size of
muffin tin cups? I'd guess you'd get more like 10(or more) out of a pound of
paste, which is more like 200 cups from the pound of gum tragastuff...

Again, I've never actually *made* the stuff, just used it, so I could be
*way* off base as far as how much it will stretch.

-Irmgart