[Sca-cooks] Re: 50's vs '70s

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Thu Apr 29 14:05:53 PDT 2004

In a message dated 4/29/04 4:56:49 PM, adamantius.magister at verizon.net
writes:

> 1972 or 3. In between that and the awful era
> of disco, doubleknit polyester suits and epidemic cocaine abuse, we
> have that cultural mire of big sideburns, platform shoes, leisure
> suits, huge bell-bottoms,

Funny, I remember afros, dreadlocks, carpenter pants, Led Zeppelin,
Aerosmith, Southside Johnny, Bruce Springsteen <before he sold out, Shakespeare, Kafka,
Dosteovsky (progressive schooling), International lunches, free milk   breaks
  in school after lunch.....

However, two   very good things   emerged ... my love for history encouraged
by a group of raging hippie teachers and a love of cooking spurred on by being
exposed to odd foods.

Andrea

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in
it."
Julia Child