[Sca-cooks] Re: 50's vs '70s

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Apr 29 15:26:24 PDT 2004

At 03:13 PM 4/29/2004, you wrote:
>Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:
>>At 01:54 PM 4/29/2004, you wrote:
>>>Also sprach Devra at aol.com:
>>>
>>>Jack Palance???
>>
>>Gosh, I though she meant Merv Griffin! ;-)
>
>Originally I was thinking Bebe Rebozo, but then I got this image of...
>"Beleeeeeeve itttt... --SHAAAAAAAHHHHHH--... orrr NOTTTTT..."

The cats are lined up in the hallway wondering what is the matter with me...

>>>  we have that cultural mire of big sideburns, platform shoes, leisure
>>> suits,
>>
>>My dad had a *baby blue* one. <shudder>
>
>MIne was too old. Thank God.

Dad also had the white shoes and belt to go with. And the 'fro (but that
was natural).

>>>In general, though, the mid-70's doesn't seem to hold a lot for our
>>>culture to be proud of, comparted to some other decades.
>>
>>Barney Miller. Some of the best TV ever. And then there was... uh...
>>no... uh... er...um...
>
>QED. Add The Sting, The Godfather, The French Connection, Blazing Saddles,
>Young Frankenstein, and a few others.

Apocalypse Now.

>>OFC-
>>remember-
>>
>>the pudding with the crunchy chocolate coating?
>
>Eeee-ew. No.

IIRC it set up in the frig. I liked it, but then I also liked Peanut Butter
Cap'n Crunch then.

>>the soups touted by Ann Miller?
>
>Nope.

'America's Best Soup' or something like that. Stars and stripes on the
label. c'mon- someone has to remember these!

>>the cake sold with everything-including the pan? ('Stir & Frost'?)
>
>This is a dark, dark road you're taking me down...

You're already down there- don't blame me!

Bundt Cake. With the pudding goop you folded into the middle, and the
dribbly icing... yum. :-p

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918