[Sca-cooks] 50's vs '70s

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 30 07:06:54 PDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net>

Actually, I think you may be mixing your metaphors.  The poodle skirts
were much earlier...in the '50's....I never had one because my mother
made all of my clothes and wouldn't let me follow fads ("If all of your
friends were to jump off of a cliff, would you follow?").  The tie-dyed
shirts and platform shoes came later...mostly in the 60's.  By then I
could determine my own fashion, so owned both!!

Kiri

Yes, that was my exact intention.  Just as tuna noodle pizza might seem "period" to future re-enactors of the mid-twentieth century, so poodle skirts and tie-dye might seem appropriate period garb to them.

Brighid ni Chiarain