[Sca-cooks] 50's vs '70s

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 30 07:28:39 PDT 2004

Huette wrote:
>  And for some food trivia, name these 1970's food
>  commercials:
snip
>  9) "From the land of sky blue water"

Hey! I'm from Chicago and i oughta know... (paraphrasing a beer add
from another state)...

Hamm's the Beer Refreshing was way pre-70s. We were regaled with the
antics of the animated beer bear in Chicago in by the late 50s.
Always a funny moment during televised baseball games.

OB FOOD CONTENT:
Well, i gotta go make some stuff for a potluck at Beltane tomorrow -
a sauce for beef of some sort - i'm between pear mustard and the
Cameline i made for Spring Investiture that had raisins in it - and a
Torta... was asked to make a Genovese, but just realized last night i
got ingredients for a Bolognese... Oh, well, it will taste good.

Anahita

Chicagoan by birth, official California resident since 1970

Chicago White Sox fan in the 50s and 60s when they usually came in
second, behind the Yankees, but won the pennant in ?1959? (however my
brother was a Yankees fan - he said he didn't want to be for a loser)
and
remembers "Elephant leg pants" from 1967 - i made a pair of wool
entirely by hand before i owned a sewing machine when i lived in New
York City
and
didn't have a TV in the 1970s
and
who didn't own a tie-dyed T-shirt until the 1990s, but did live in
The Haight in 1969.