[Sca-cooks] Pear Mustard?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Apr 30 08:58:22 PDT 2004

Also sprach lilinah at earthlink.net:
>Help! Help!
>
>Aargh! I can't find the pear mustard sauce recipe i wanted to make
>this afternoon to bring to a potluck at Beltane tomorrow evening. I
>googled and got lots of links for vendors selling jars or modern
>recipes...
>
>If anyone has it, PLEASE e-mail me privately, as i get the Digest of
>this list and i probably won't see your response until Sunday night
>when i get back from Beltane.

I think this is it... From Sabina Welserin, via Cariadoc's website...

34 To make the mustard for dried cod

  Take mustard powder, stir into it good wine and pear preserves and
put sugar into it, as much as you feel is good, and make it as thick
as you prefer to eat it, then it is a good mustard.

HTH,

Adamantius