[Sca-cooks] 50's vs '70s

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 30 12:19:52 PDT 2004

I dunno....I'm taking the word of one of my students who has done a
great deal of research into particularly the high Middle Ages. She says
that the caps were ubiquitous for men, but other sorts of head coverings
were typically worn by women. The caps I spoke of as being worn by women
in the Italian Renaissance were work mostly by young women and were
quite ornate...but were generally made by that some design.

Kiri