[Sca-cooks] 50's vs '70s

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 30 11:55:11 PDT 2004

Um..I'm not a garb expert by any means, but for all I'm worth, I do believe
someone should check into this better.  Those little white caps were worn
for centuries by both men and women from many regions.  Not always white or
unadorned by either sex.  By the Italian Ren veils and such sort of went
away and many hats did too, replaced on women with the ribbon braiding and
all manner of floppy hats for both men and women.
I just scared myself...
Olwen