[Sca-cooks] Re: 50's vs '70s

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Fri Apr 30 10:48:38 PDT 2004

>> >8) "You get a big delight in every bite..."
>>
>> Oh god... candy bar, I think. But which one?
>
>Wrong.  Adamantius' favorite ... Twinkies!

that was also Hostess Fruit Pies and Hostess Copcakes

"You get a big delight in every bite..." was the stock slogan for all of the Hostess line of products.

it was actually:
"You get a big delight in every bite of Hostess!"
and they'd append whatever product they were flogging.
"You get a big delight in every bite of Hostess Cupcakes!"
"You get a big delight in every bite of Hostess Twinkies!"
"You get a big delight in every bite of Hostess Fruit Pies!"
"You get a big delight in every bite of Hostess SugarFat!"

Twinkies had "Twinkie the Kid" as a spokesman
Fruit Pies had Fruit Pie the Magician", complete with top hat and cape...
and Hostess Cupcakes had Captain Cupcake.

brandu