[Sca-cooks] 50's vs '70s

CHudson100 at aol.com CHudson100 at aol.com
Fri Apr 30 08:07:02 PDT 2004

In a message dated 4/30/2004 10:57:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
selene at earthlink.net writes:
And therein lies the object lesson of this silly thread of discussion
and the importance of temporal consistancy!
Actually, I graduated from High School in 1975 and we had "Sock Hops" where
one dressed in "fifties" style costume and danced... Honestly I think it was a
response to Disco which was the only fad I'd ever heard of almost universally
reviled during it's time...I suspect the record companies were trying to pull
a fast one.

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke