[Sca-cooks] Cooking with blood?

nickiandme at att.net nickiandme at att.net
Mon Aug 9 09:57:37 PDT 2004

This question was posted on the A&S list - I am reposting to the Calontir Cook's list and the SCA-cook's list for help for her.  I personally haven't done much cooking with blood - I have a strong modern cultural bias against it. Who knew?
Anyway - searching for help on this one.
Kateryn de Develyn
nickiandme at att.net

I am curious as to how to cook with blood. I am researching a Greek dish called melas zomos, black broth also known as blood soup. All I have been able to uncover is the ingredients, pork cooked in it's own blood and seasoned with salt and vinegar. What precautions do I need to take, in what proportions to I mix the ingredients, and is there any ingredients that seem to be missing? Any leads into this mystery will be helpful.

Nakos
 "kaythiarain" <kaythiarain at yahoo.com>