[Sca-cooks] Banana leaves (was Dinner last night (long, OP))

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 19:02:55 PDT 2004

>I'd suggest wrapping the fish in the banana leaves. You won't have exposed
>ends to burn, and you keep a bit more moisture in the fish.
>
>****************
>Reb Avraham haRofeh

If it were just chunks of fish the directions mentioned making them packets.
But I had the full filets and the true recipe is to just butterfly open the
fish
and lay it on banana leaves on top of coals. The leaves did provide enough
support and protection that I was able to transfer the filets from the
grill to the platter.

It was an interesting experiment and one I want to try in a camp at some
point.

Gunthar