[Sca-cooks] Re: Thai curry soup (was Dinner last night (long, OP))

Avraham haRofeh avrahamharofeh at herald.sca.org
Mon Aug 2 19:42:35 PDT 2004

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 20:31:54 -0600, Sue Clemenger
<mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:

> My guess is, it's pink from a red curry blend.  At least, that's the
> source of the color in my neck of the woods....There's a little
> coffee/pastry/caterer about two blocks from my house, and they sometimes
> serve a thai curry soup, that's based on chicken broth, red curry,
> coconut milk, bokchoy, and some sort of mushroom (not standard button
> mushrooms).

Straw mushrooms? Very common in Asian cookery.

> Got an amazing freshness that I think must come from lemon
> grass, although there's definitely a bit of lime in there as well (not
> sure if it's kaffir lime leaves, or lime zest/juice).

I like using both the leaves and the juice, as well as lemongrass. IMHO,
YMMV.

Reb Avraham haRofeh
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
Quarterly azure and argent, four mascles counterchanged
Random Tag: "Apple" (c) Copyright 1767, Sir Isaac Newton.