[Sca-cooks] Pennisc mischief managed was To those leaving for Pennsic

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 6 08:17:45 PDT 2004

So that's it then, Harry Potter discussion during the Pennsic lull?  I
like it.  Hogwarts was supposed to have been founded about the 11th
Century so it's period, right?

Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> At 05:29 AM 8/6/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Wow.  That will be incredible...yes, he does do "E-VIL" very well!
>> Are all of the current cast members returning?
>>
>> Kiri
>

> Apparently so. Filming is already going on.

Notable absences:  Richard Griffiths, Pam Ferris, Harry Melling.
 Apparently, they skip over the Dursleys entirely and start at the
Quiddich World Cup.  Not that they actually had the courtesy [at the
very least] to actually tell these faithful regular actors that their
services would not be needed.  I'm miffed on their behalf here.

> I for one can hardly wait to see Miranda Richardson as Rita Skeeter.
> She's so very good at scene-chewing!
>
> Now, in _Pheonix_, we need Nursie for Umbridge, don't you think? I
> think she'd be so good at syrupy evil!
>
> 'Lainie

Thank you!  I thought I was the only one who remembered M.R. as the
delightfully ditzy, bitchy Queen Elizabeth in BLACKADDER 2.

"Nursie" Patsy Byrne is not a bad choice for Umbridge.  Unfortunately,
they tend to go for bigger names, even for smaller parts.  Viz., Gary
Oldman as Sirius Black.  There were plenty of other choices;  a friend
of mine was campaigning for Jason Carter [Ranger Marcus in Babylon 5].
 If Dawn French were not already cast as the Fat Lady painting, she
would be a great choice for Umbridge as well.  Maybe her old comrade
Jennifer Saunders?  She can be sweet yet psycho.

Um, food content.  Food in the Harry Potter books was always fun.
 Spotted Dog pudding with a wagging tail.

Selene Colfox [Ravenclaw kid]