[Sca-cooks] Potterheads, Unite!

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 6 12:52:14 PDT 2004

--- Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Laura C. Minnick wrote:
>
> > Of course we don't know what will happen in
> the last two books. Who
> > will die? who will survive? Will there be
> anybody we care about left
> > to go on?
> >
> > Ok- lets take a poll!
> >
> >         Who will die in Book 6?
> >
> >         _Harry

Since this isn't the last book, he is unlikely
to be killed off.

> >         _Hermione

not likely
> >         _Dumbledore

Always a possibility.

> >         _Remus Lupin

So soon after the loss of Serius Black?  No.

> >         _Minerva McGonnegal

a possibility

> >         _a Weasley
> >                 _Ron

not likely

> >                 _Arthur
> >                 _Molly
> >                 _Percy
> >                 _one or both of the twins
> >                 _Bill
> >                 _Charlie
> >                 _Ginny

Any and all are possibilities

> >         _Fudge
> >         _Snape
> >         _Draco

No until at least book 7

> >         _Neville

The likeliest possibility

> >         _Vernon Dursley
> >         _Petunia Dursley
> >         _Dudley Dursley

Since they are muggles and hated by Harry, it
isn't likely.

> >         _Kingsley Shaklebolt
> >         _Unamed Hufflepuff (good redshirt
> material, don't you think?)

You forgot Hagrid.

> > So... Ideas? Opinions? Wild speculations?
>
> I think it will probably be Neville, being the
> other eligible person to
> kill Voldemort, which I'm sure he will strive
> valiantly and probably not
> succeed.  But he will be brave.

I think that you could be right, although I would
like to think that Neville would actually be
successful in whatever spell he conjured up, but
it wouldn't be enough to hold Voldie and he is
killed by him in anger.

> The big question is:  Book 6 is called HARRY
> POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD
> PRINCE.  Who is that?  JKR has stated that it
> is [1] neither Harry nor
> Voldie, and [2] someone who appeared in Chamber
> of Secrets.

No she said that some information in Chamber
foreshadows HBP.  I just looked at her official
website.

> My money is on Hagrid.  Half-blood, even if the
> other half is not Muggle
> but Giant.  This would explain why master
> manipulator Dumbledore kept a
> close eye on this drop-out ex-convict, wouldn't
> it?

True.  But it could also be someone not yet
introduced.

> Also:  the Wizarding World is a bit short on
> titled nobility.  "Lord" V.
> was a self-bestowed title;  then there are the
> Bloody Baron and Sir
> Nicholas "Nearly Headless Nick" amongst the
> ghost population.  That's
> about it.  Where is there a Princedom in the
> Wizarding World?  Did
> Princess Di have some 'splaining to do?  Her
> second son was Prince Harry
> after all.  Hmmm.

I thought the founder of the German school of
wizardry had a title.  I can't find my Potter
books at the moment to verify this though.

I have been to the "Official Harry Potter"
website, which is tres cool. I allowed me to
become a student and get sorted by the Sorting
Hat.  I am now a member of Gryffindor!  I have
decided that my student name is Petronia Snapes,
a distant cousin and just as good at making
potions as Severius.  Hehehe!

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.