[Sca-cooks] Pork ribs// Rich Pepper Sauce

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Aug 8 19:40:00 PDT 2004

Rich Pepper Sauce.
A sauce called rich pepper. Take a bunch of grapes and put them
in a mortat with a little salt; crush the fruit well, then pour off the
juice: put ginger
and pepper and a little bread in a mortar and grind well, then mix with the
juice, etc. [etc. here means "and serve it."]  page 876
Anglo-Norman Culinary Collections. Hieatt and Jones. Speculum 61. 1986.

Just happened to have it available and at the ready.

Johnnae