[Sca-cooks] Cooking with blood?

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Aug 9 11:11:54 PDT 2004

http://www.foodsubs.com/MeatcureSausage.html talks about
the blood sausages so one can identify which include blood.
Asian markets are said to carry it in cans, so I presume that
going through the manufacturing process takes care of some of
the concerns about raw blood products.
I found one long Ag or USDA paper
the file http://www.fftc.agnet.org/library/data/eb/eb515/eb515.pdf.
that addressed the use of blood products in foods.
It's too long to copy so read it there or download it.
There's been some concerns regarding the use of blood as regards
BSE or mad cow.
the file http://www.fftc.agnet.org/library/data/eb/eb515/eb515.pdf.

One can search this using the terms USDA and blood sausages or
puddings and turn up more of these sorts of papers.

hope this helps,

Johnnae llyn Lewis