[Sca-cooks] What would you do?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 9 16:17:03 PDT 2004

Chass Brown <chass at allegiance.tv> wrote:
>  Also never undersetimate the power of holding a carwash with the
>lasses of your area (have seen that one done as well).

As far as holding a fund-raising car wash... What is allowed is
specified in the Exchequer's Manuals. There is a different manual for
each kingdom for legal as well as traditional reasons.

There are certain rules that hold for the entire organization of the
SCA - since we must follow those specified by the IRS for 501.C.3
organizations.

There are others that depend on the laws of the states in which a
particular kingdom is located.

Law about fund raising can be very particular for 501.C.3
organizations, and car washes could be against the law... check with
your Kingdom Exchequer before making assumptions or spreading
information about any such thing.

Anahita
Exchequer for a Province that does one event a year, thank goodness,
so there's usually only one quarter with activity to report.