[Sca-cooks] What would you do?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 10 04:48:48 PDT 2004

It's more likely the carwash is against tradition ("it's mundane") rather
than being against the law.

501.C.3 is more about how you may use your income than how you make it.  And
I don't remember anything in that chapter of Title 26 covering carwashes.

Individuals can act seperately or as a group to raise money for charity and
donate that money as they choose.  As long as it is not organized by
officers of the SCA acting on behalf of the SCA and the fundraiser is not
officially recognized or sanctioned by any SCA group, the fund raiser is not
an activity of the SCA.  State laws may apply, but they do not apply to the
SCA only to the individuals involved.

Bear